Press releases Archive
– PDF AVAILABLE HERE –
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Further Information:
Christine A. Illichmann
Evanced Solutions Offers Free, Educational Webinar to Librarians
Join the Discussion: Help boost early readers’ interest in reading through multi-media tools
INDIANAPOLIS – September 13, 2012 – Evanced Solutions, LLC, a leader in library technology solutions, announced today that they will be hosting a free, educational webinar entitled, “Empowering Young Readers,” on September 26 at 1 p.m. EST. Cathy Potter, a school librarian at Falmouth Elementary School in Falmouth, Maine, will share the creative tactics she’s implemented at her school to keep her young readers actively engaged in their book choices through technology.
“I have found that when young readers select their own books, they receive greater enjoyment from reading which encourages them to continue to read more frequently and increases their reading comprehension,” said Potter. “It is exciting to see how recent advances in technology can be used to connect students with books and how these tools can help students engage with the books they’ve read and share their love of books with others.”
Along with Cathy’s presentation, Evanced will also demonstrate its newest product, Peek-A-Book—a web-based, book trailer database that helps libraries feature specific books on their website and blog that helps young readers take a “peek” at their library’s picture book collection.
With Peek-A-Book, young readers can explore hundreds of titles online by watching an animated preview of each book. Then with a click of a button, they can check out the print versions to pick up at the library or download the e-book directly to their home computer or mobile reading device.
The “Empowering Young Readers” webinar will be the first of a series of free, educational webinars that Evanced will be offering to librarians. It is recommended for children’s and school librarians, as well as reading teachers. The webinar can be accessed by visiting the following link: http://evancedsolutions.com/peek-a-book/
Cathy Potter’s Bio
Cathy Potter is K-5 school librarian in Falmouth, Maine and is the co-founder of the popular blog, http://www.nonfictiondetectives.com. Cathy holds a Master of Literacy Education degree from the University of Southern Maine and a Master of School Library Science degree from Clarion University. Cathy reviews apps for School Library Journal and serves on the Southern Maine Library District’s Board of Directors. She served as a nonfiction picture book judge for the 2011 CYBILS awards and is currently a member of the Chickadee Award committee in Maine.
To learn more about Peek-A-Book, please visit the following link: http://evancedsolutions.com/peek-a-book/. To try a demo of Peek-A-Book, please click here: http://evancedsolutions.com/our-solutions/product-demo/.
About Evanced Solutions, LLC
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., Evanced Solutions offers software and dedicated service for libraries of all types and budgets. Online tools include event calendaring, registration system, meeting room management, mobile academic study room booking, summer reading management and web design all created to better attract and engage the communities libraries serve. All products are web-based, configurable and built specifically to each library. For a free webinar and for more information on Evanced Solutions and their products, visit www.evancedsolutions.com or call (888) 519-5770.
Download a PDF of this press release.
TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS SUPPORT THE FUTURE OF LIBRARIES
Evanced Solutions Introduces Four New Software Systems
Indianapolis – June 18, 2012 – Evanced Solutions, a leader in library technology solutions, will unveil their newest software offerings at the 2012 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference and Exhibition in Anaheim, Calif. on June 22-25.The new solutions include brand new products plus mobile interfaces for current software solutions—all designed with the library staff and patrons in mind.
“Our goal is to serve the changing needs of libraries during a very dynamic time,” said Rob Cullin, president/co-founder of Evanced Solutions. “Not only do our newest products address the needs of libraries today, they are positioned to change and grow with them rapidly in preparation for the future.”
- D!BS – D!BS is a mobile app that allows college and university students to book a study room anywhere on campus. Staff will no longer spend time on study room management. It’s all managed for them and easily accessible for students to call “Dibs!” on the space they need.
- SignUp – SignUp, the newest event management software from Evanced, makes library events easily accessible online and lets library users register themselves for upcoming events. Library staff members benefit from easy calendar set up, detailed reporting features and automatic reminders sent directly to registrants, plus much more.
- Events Mobile – Events, the popular event management system from Evanced, now offers a mobile interface. Library users can access events from their mobile phone or tablet, view upcoming events, sign up for event notifications and register at their convenience.
- MarkIt – MarkIt scans, sorts and labels book donations and weeded materials with pricing suggestions based on the item’s used book value on the Amazon Marketplace. Sorted and labeled items can then be placed into library book sales in a more timely and organized way, streamlining the process and giving volunteers and staff more time to work on other projects. Remaining books from sales can be shipped without cost to the closest Amazon distribution center and sold through Amazon.com. The revenue is returned to the library, library friends group or library foundation.
For more information on all of Evanced Solutions’ products, please visit www.evancedsolutions.com.
About Evanced Solutions
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Evanced Solutions is a DEMCO, Inc. company, offering software and dedicated service for libraries of all types and budgets. Online tools include event calendaring, registration system, meeting room management, mobile academic study room booking, summer reading management and web design all created to better attract and engage the communities libraries serve. All products are web-based, configurable and built specifically to each library. For a free webinar and for more information on Evanced Solutions and their products, visit www.evancedsolutions.com or call (888) 519-5770.
To view a PDF of the press release, please click here.
To view a social media release, please click here.
Indianapolis, IN – February 24, 2011 – Evanced Solutions has announced that the newest version of its popular Summer Reader software will be available March 1, 2011.
The new features, based on customer feedback, include
- a mobile web-enabled interface for registration and logging
- an improved style sheet editor
- seamless integration with Ebsco’s Novelist Select
- improved prize descriptions and tracking for staff
- plus many other additions, listed at http://bit.ly/sr-release-2011
“Our newest upgrade helps both library patrons and staff interact with Summer Reader more easily,” explained Todd Cutler, CEO and Founder of Evanced Solutions. “The ability to use Summer Reader on smart phones through the mobile web interface further extends the reach of our online reading software.”
Summer Reader is used by more than 1,500 libraries in 49 states. The software enables library staff members to easily build online reading programs, manage reading logs and prizes, and run statistical reports. Library users interact with Summer Reader to register for reading programs, log reading time, read and write book reviews, see prizes they’ve earned, and even opt to post their latest reading activity on Facebook.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Evanced Solutions offers software and dedicated service for libraries of all types and budgets. Online tools include event calendaring with online registration (Events), meeting room booking (Room Reserve), summer reading management (Summer Reader), and library materials vending (BranchAnywhere), all designed to better attract and engage the communities libraries serve. For more information or an introductory demonstration of Evanced Solutions and their products, visit www.evancedsolutions.com or call (888) 519-5770.